What Are the Benefits of a Life Plan Community?
Colorado has so much to offer: natural beauty, lots of recreational opportunities, mild summers and beautiful winters. As part of your weekly routine of work and family, maintaining your home is something you just do. But once the kids are grown and starting families of their own and you’re enjoying the fruits of your labor, just imagine what you could do if you said goodbye to the responsibilities of home ownership? Seeking the freedom to do more of what they want, thousands of older adults are exploring the benefits of moving to a Life Plan Community in Colorado Springs like Aberdeen Ridge.
What is a Life Plan Community?
A Life Plan Community is a specific type of senior living option where residents can enjoy maintenance-free living and a lifestyle full of helpful services and amenities. You can move into independent living and also have access to higher levels of care — including assisted living and memory care — right on-site if ever needed.
Advantages of Choosing a Life Plan Community
At Aberdeen Ridge, you’ll be part of an active and engaging community that also comes with a smart plan for the future; here are some other benefits moving to a Life Plan Community offers:
- Maintenance-free living: Our talented staff will handle everything from appliance repair and housekeeping services to landscaping and lawn care; you won’t have to lift a finger. Plus, when you want to travel, you can simply lock your door and go knowing everything will be taken care of.
- Enjoy life as you please: There’s always plenty to do at Aberdeen Ridge with a calendar full of day trips, get togethers, happy hours at Goldfields, clubs, committees, art and fitness classes, enjoy a meal in our dining room or just grab coffee at Zeb’s with friends. Of course, you can always choose to relax in the comfort of your own space knowing that a community of friends is available right outside your door.
- Philosophy of health and wellness: Life Plan Communities work to help you stay happy and healthy with wellness programs focused on mind, body and soul. We call it Aberdeen Ridge Peak Living, and it features immersive and engaging experiences within seven core areas.
- Dining options: If you still enjoy grocery shopping and preparing your own meals, you’re sure to love your residence’s fully-equipped kitchen. And for those times you’d rather leave the cooking and clean-up to someone else, there are a variety of dining options with menu choices to fit your lifestyle.
- Designed for your safety and convenience: Life Plan Communities are purpose built for older adults, so they have safety features like grab bars, lever door handles, wider hallways and doorways and more. Plus, we have 24/7 security and personal alert systems so you can quickly summon help if you need it.
- True peace of mind: Having access to a continuum of on-site health care services will provide added reassurance for both you and your family.
The Value of a Life Plan Community
In 2023, Mather Institute, in collaboration with Northwestern University, completed the Age Well Study, a five-year analysis of the impact of living in a Life Plan Community. More than 8,200 residents from 122 Life Plan Communities from across the country took part. Their findings during the five years, compared to older adults now living in a Life Plan Community, concluded:
- Residents report better physical, emotional, intellectual, social and vocational wellness than their community-dwelling counterparts.
- From Year 1 to 5, social contact significantly increased for residents.
- Overall engagement in intellectual activities significantly increased for residents (including increased writing and attending educational programs) and decreased for older adults in the community at large.
Learn More About our Life Plan Community in Colorado Springs
As the only Life Plan Community in Colorado Springs, residents of Aberdeen Ridge enjoy an active lifestyle along with vibrant views of downtown or scenic Pikes Peak. To experience our community for yourself and check out our services and amenities, contact us today to schedule a tour.