What Does Daily Life Look Like in Independent Living?
Every day is different at Aberdeen Ridge, and you’ll never run out of things to do and activities to enjoy when you’re here. This is not your typical senior living community, and you’ll see what sets us apart when you experience the vibrant lifestyle at Aberdeen Ridge.
Just imagine all the possibilities when you choose an independent living community that’s built around you. Here’s just a taste of what daily life in independent living will be like at Aberdeen Ridge:
A Beautiful Place to Call Home
Start each day in your beautifully designed apartment, where you’ll enjoy all the modern features and finishes of a brand-new independent living community. With a variety of floor plans to choose from, you might opt for a cozy one-bedroom apartment where you can relax and recharge after a busy day. Or you could choose a spacious one- or two-bedroom apartment with a den for entertaining guests. Whatever you choose, you’ll be connected to the outdoors via your patio or balcony. It’s the perfect setting to sip a cup of coffee in the fresh mountain air or share a glass of wine while taking in the sunset. When you move to an independent living apartment, daily life is a breeze!
Amenities for Everyday Life
A robust offering of amenities and services opens the door to a world of possibilities for older adults. How will residents spend their time in an independent living community like Aberdeen Ridge? Let us count the ways:
- A heated indoor pool will offer opportunities for a morning swim, water exercise class, or relaxing by the poolside.
- Stop by the coffee shop/bistro for grab-and-go meals, snacks and beverages. Energize your day with a cup of coffee or tea, or recharge with soup or salad at lunchtime.
- Visit our beauty salon/barbershop, where you’ll enjoy excellent service and style — plus the convenience of making an on-site appointment.
- A state-of-the-art fitness center will be a hub for people who want to get fit and have fun while doing it! Join a fitness class or meet friends for a midday workout.
- The creative arts center will provide everything you need to get inspired and express yourself through the creative arts, whether you enjoy painting, crafting, woodworking or other forms of art.
- Engage with spiritual life services to be offered regularly in our chapel on campus, with opportunities to connect with others in meaningful ways and grow in your own spiritual journey.
- Explore our library/resource center to engage your mind and find a quiet retreat for pondering philosophy, history, current events, and more.
- Game rooms and social spaces will provide endless opportunities for game nights, social events, special-interest clubs and more. You could attend an afternoon happy hour or wrap up the evening with card games or a movie night.
Flexible Dining Options
Aberdeen Ridge will offer an exceptional dining experience with chef-prepared meals and multiple dining venues, including a bistro and coffee shop. Discover high-quality dining with menus featuring favorite local dishes and flavors from around the world. You don’t have to worry about cooking, because you’ll have convenient and healthy meal choices every day, always made with fresh ingredients and tailored to your special dietary needs.
Peak Living Program
Our Peak Living Program at Aberdeen Ridge is designed to inspire older adults to live their best lives by connecting their lifestyle with their interests. The program offers a range of activities focused on multiple dimensions of wellness, including physical, emotional, social, intellectual, and spiritual well-being. Residents will explore an array of interests, including culinary arts, international cultures, sports, entertainment, local attractions in Colorado Springs, and more.
Want to learn more about daily life in our independent living community at Aberdeen Ridge? Contact us today for more information or to reserve your new residence today!